Signature Cocktails Shake Up Your Wedding
We know that couples already put so much thought into the details of their weddings – suits and dresses, venues and caterers, flowers and decorations, their vows – and we don’t want the bar to become a stressful afterthought! Every couple wants to add a personal touch to their wedding day and truly make it their own. A great way to customize your wedding is to serve a Signature Cocktail and we are here to help! Our newly furnished Cocktail Deck at The Reading Country Club has stunning views of our 18-hole golf course. It’s a new and unique place for your Cocktail Hour!
But enough about that. Let’s talk about drinks! Here are some Signature Cocktail tips and recipes, with seasonal flavors, that may be the personal touch you’re looking for on your special day!
Summer Watermelon Refresher
If you are going to host summer nuptials, why don’t you use a seasonal fruit like watermelon in your cocktail? Refresh everyone at your party withgh a glass of strawberry and watermelon and, of course, a healthy splash of vodka! You’ll notice hints of basil, ginger and lime too! Very refreshing and very seasonal! It will take you just 15 minutes to prepare this tasty treat! (Via Style Me Pretty)
- 1½ ounces Hangar One vodka
- 3 ounces watermelon-strawberry juice*
- ½ ounce basil-ginger syrup*
- ¼ ounce lime juice
- *For the watermelon-strawberry juice, blend equal amounts (by weight) of watermelon and strawberries. Strain the juice through a fine-mesh strainer into a pitcher or large measuring cup and refrigerate until needed.
- *For the Basil-Ginger Simple Syrup, you’ll need 1 cup water, 1 cup sugar, 1 two-inch piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced, Handful of fresh basil.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the water and sugar over medium heat until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the ginger and basil, and immediately remove from heat, allowing it to steep until cool. Strain the syrup into a jar through a fine-mesh strainer and refrigerate. Yields approximately one cup of syrup, and will keep refrigerated for two to three weeks.
- Add all ingredients to an ice filled shaker glass.
- Shake and strain over fresh ice in a festive glass.
- Garnish with a specialty straw and serve!
The Extra Touch… Drink Tags
Don’t hesitate to do more DIY projects on your big day so you can create something unique and customized that your guests can take home with them! When you’ve chosen your Signature Drink, bottle it up, create a small vintage tag, and serve it as little gifts for your guests. We are sure they will love it! (Via Wedding Chicks).
Here are some pretty cool printable name tag ideas for your next Cocktail Party! Check it out!
A Classic Combo… Champagne and Fruit
We agree that sometimes a Signature Cocktail is more about the presentation, rather than the booze! We can help you create something elegant, like the photos above, for your special day. How about cocktails (personalized glassware is an added touch) with a slice of soaked pear, strawberry, or the seasonal fruit of your choice? Gorgeous isn’t it? (Via We Tie The Knots)
Another DIY Idea: Personalized Glasses
We think it is a great idea to give your guests something personal from you. Whatever Signature Drink you choose, (Fizzy Gin Lemonade with Blackberries and Rosemary for example), serve it in a glass with the guests’ names on it as their favor! The gifts are now very unique, like the drink itself and your wedding too!
Fizzy Gin Lemonade with Blackberries and Rosemary:
- 3 ounces gin
- 6 ounces lemonade
- 1 cup blackberries
- 2 rosemary sprigs
- Splash of lemon-lime soda or sparkling water
Add the blackberries to a small bowl and use the back of a spoon to lightly mash them. Fill the glasses 2/3 of the way full with ice cubes. Divide the gin and lemonade evenly between the two glasses. Spoon the blackberries into each glass and top with a splash of lemon-lime soda or sparking water. Use one rosemary sprig as garnish for each.
Let’s serve a signature wedding reception cocktail that reflects your party style! We are here to help you out!
A special THANK YOU! to the following websites for their awesome cocktails to serve at weddings. Don’t hesitate to check them out for detailed recipes and more delicious ideas. Cheers!